Kanye West: "I will not give up on life again"

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

|
Some may view Kanye West as a media hogger (remember the MTV Awards??), but you can not deny his contribution to music and pop culture at large. He's truthful admission that he contemplated suicide is no news shocker to me. Why you ask?? Well let me tell you...He has not been "right in the head" since his mom's untimely passing. Even though we did not know Dr. West personally, we can tell how much she influenced his music and life.

I digress...

At a recent screening of his movie "Runaway", The "Jesus Walks" rapper revealed that at one point in his life he contemplated suicide, but nows feels he has a responsibility to art and pop culture.

West told the crowd "there were times that I contemplated suicide." However, he said, "I will not give up on life again."

"There's so many people that will never get the chance to have their voice heard" as loudly as his, West said Monday. "I do it for them."

West, who didn't say when he had considered suicide, is credited as director of the abstract 35-minute film, which features portions of nine new West songs, boldly colorful visuals and off-kilter camera angles. The mostly dialogue-free piece, set to premiere this weekend on MTV, VH1 and BET, will accompany West's upcoming album, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," which will be released Nov. 22.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Video

Recent Posts

Blogger WidgetsRecent Posts Widget for Blogger

Twitter Updates

Recent Comments