RHOA Kim Zolciak's speaks on NeNe & other items in interview

Monday, October 18, 2010

|
In an recent interview, RHOA's Kim Zolciak's discusses NeNe, the meaning behind her new song "Google Me", and her relationship status...

TVGuide.com: You and NeNe seem to have genuinely gotten past the choking incident. Surprised?


Zolciak: NeNe and I have always had a love-hate relationship. It's like having a bad boyfriend. You just can't get away from it. But she makes me laugh and she's a ton of fun, so, you know, we're doing a lot better.

TVGuide.com: What about you and Kandi? In the last episode, she told a friend that you hadn't paid her for producing "Tardy for the Party"...

Zolciak: Yeah, I called her after I saw that. I wasn't too happy. I generally just watch myself on the show, but my Twitter went crazy when the episode aired. People were like, "I can't believe how awful you are... that you would not pay Kandi any money after all that she did for you." And I was like, "What in the... Why would she say that?" So I watched it and then I texted her: "Why did you say that? That's not necessarily true. My feelings are really hurt." And then she called me and then we talked.

But we have a great friendship. We're two years apart [in age], two years and two days, actually, and we understand each other. We resolved it. It was really just miscommunication, and she did get money for the song. [Ed. Note: See what Kandi has to say about whether or not that's true on her Bravo blog.] I would never in a million years not pay her. Kandi's not about money and I'm not about money -- money will never come between us, ever. I don't know how the music industry works, with producers and publishing and fees and who gets paid what. I still to this day don't really understand how it works.

Read more after the jump...


TVGuide.com: Wait, why don't you watch the entire episodes?

Zolciak: I have watched all the ones from this season, but in general I just watch myself and see some of the funny things I say and then keep it moving. Why not before? Because I really didn't care. Last year, I was so detached from everyone else. Sheree and I had gotten into it, NeNe and I had gotten into it. I didn't want to watch anyone else.

TVGuide.com: Are you OK with all the Housewives now?

Zolciak: NeNe and I are great. I've known NeNe and Sheree for 8 or 9 years, so we go through our little moments here and there. But the two new girls? All I know is one of them likes to comment on me in the press all the time...

TVGuide.com: You're talking about Cynthia Bailey, right? [Bailey told US Weekly that Kim had "no talent." She also told Hollywood Life that Kim deliberately exploited her former same-sex relationship with Tracy Young for attention.]

Zolciak: She's like obsessed with me.

TVGuide.com: Why do you think she is obsessed?

Zolciak: I texted Cynthia when I read that Hollywood Life article, and I said to her, "First of all, you don't know me, No. 2, you especially don't know my personal life, and No. 3, yeah, sure, on my to-do list was definitely 'Go date a woman.'" It's like, you idiot. Mind your own business. I don't ask you who you sleep with. Keep my name out of your mouth. I think she has to stay relevant. I guess she has to mention my name. Honest to God, I don't even know this woman. I've talked to her twice on the phone. I didn't even film that much with her this year. We don't have anyone in common aside from the Housewives. She needs to get a life!


TVGuide.com: You willingly talked about your relationship with Young in Life & Style, but it also seems to upset you.

Zolciak: It's something I never thought I'd have to deal with publicly. I mean, really, do you go around asking people who they're sleeping with? It is what it is. It was very difficult on my children and my family. I was with Tracy just two months and then it was everywhere, and I had to deal with it. I was confused. It was just a difficult place for me... but God, what's the big deal?


TVGuide.com: Let's talk about your music. I noticed Kandi didn't produce your new single "Google Me."

Zolciak: One of her friends actually produced it. I wanted to show her I can go do some of this stuff on my own. I do lean on her a lot and I wanted to surprise her, and take the initiative and go into the studio myself. I wanted to show her that I am taking my music seriously, and it's what I want to do. When I played it for her, she was very excited.

TVGuide.com: You helped write this one as well. Is the song personal?

Zolciak: Let's be honest, I do Google myself [laughs], but the song is about how you all can hate me or do whatever, but at the end of the day I'm doing my thing, I'm making money at it, and I'm having a great time. It's about Big Poppa, too. When I go: "You were my world / You, me and both of my girls / Now it doesn't really mean a thing / Click them keys and Google me," it's like I'm saying, "I'm doing it on my own, and I knew that I would at some point."

To read the full interview go here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Video

Recent Posts

Blogger WidgetsRecent Posts Widget for Blogger

Twitter Updates

Recent Comments