Willow Smith "Whips Her Hair" at 106th & Park

Thursday, October 21, 2010

|
“We turn our back and whip our hair/ And just shake ‘em off, shake ‘em off, shake ‘em off/ Don’t let haters keep me off my grind/ Keep my head up/ I know I’ll be fine”




Willow Smith, with a little help from her friends, stopped by BET's 106th and Park to debut her catchy tune “Whip My Hair.” In the clip, which premiered Monday, Roc Nation’s latest signee, joined by her BFFs of pint-size girls, turns a drab classroom into a kaleidoscope of color with a few energetic flicks of her paint-dipped braids. The 9-year-old daughter of A-list actors Will and Jada Pinkett Smith explained that her BFFs are her Warriorettes, a supportive team that fully subscribes to the ethos espoused by her smash single “Whip My Hair.”

The outgoing tween, who describes her style as “schoolgirl-meets-punk rock” said, “Whip My Hair means don’t be afraid to be yourself and don’t let anybody tell you that that’s wrong. Because the best thing is you.”


Check out the video to “Whip My Hair” after the jump



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Video

Recent Posts

Blogger WidgetsRecent Posts Widget for Blogger

Twitter Updates

Recent Comments